The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch reminds holiday shoppers to keep safety in mind as they hunt for those great bargains.
Holiday Shopping Tips:
- Do not leave packages and valuables visible in car windows – lock them in the trunk of your vehicle when you leave a store.
- Lock your vehicle at all times – including while filling up vehicle with gas – to avoid someone taking items out while you aren’t looking.
- Never leave children or pets unattended in a locked/unlocked vehicle. Do not leave vehicles unattended with the engine running.
- Have your keys in hand before exiting a store or business.
- Be aware of surroundings at all time. If you feel uncomfortable, ask security staff to escort you.
- Park in well-lit areas of the parking lot. If the lot has angled parking, it is safer to park in the lanes where normal traffic flow is going away from building.
- Don’t carry large sums of cash when shopping – take only the checks, credit cards, debit cards or cash that you will need.
- Be sure to get your I.D. or credit cards back when presenting them at a store or business.