Residents and businesses in The Woodlands have the opportunity to learn how to be prepared for emergencies by attending The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch Emergency Preparedness Event on Saturday, June 10, 2017!
Don’t miss the chance to meet with local organizations, learn about emergency volunteer opportunities, view exciting demonstrations and so much more!
- Visit with local organizations and public safety agencies and get your emergency preparedness questions answered.
- Learn about emergency volunteer opportunities in the area.
- Listen to informative presentations from the National Weather Service and other public safety agencies.
- Learn about the danger of downed power lines, especially after severe weather, at the Entergy Arcs and Sparks demonstration.
- View emergency preparedness videos to help prepare for an emergency.
- Sign up for Township emergency communications.
- Enjoy drawings, giveaways, handouts, light refreshments and more!
When: Saturday, June 10, 2017
Time: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: The Woodlands Township Town Hall
Participants and sponsors include: The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch; Entergy Texas, Inc.; The Woodlands Fire Department; Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, District 6 Crime Prevention Unit; Harris County Constable’s Office, Precinct 4; Montgomery County Constable’s Office, Precinct 3; Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management; National Weather Service; The Woodlands Community Emergency Response Team; Montgomery County Hospital District/Medical Reserve Corps; Montgomery County Emergency Communication District (9-1-1); Montgomery County Search and Rescue; American Red Cross; Montgomery County Amateur Radio Emergency Services; Interfaith of The Woodlands; Greater Houston United Way/MC-CARES/HelpOurCounty.org; representatives from The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation/Environmental Services; Montgomery County Sheriff Citizen’s Academy Alumni Association; CenterPoint Energy; H-E-B; Home Depot; and more.
Annual Emergency Preparedness Event Schedule of Activities
Presentation Schedule: (Inside – Board Chambers)*
- 10:30 a.m. Operation Storm Ready – Entergy Texas, Inc. (20 min.)
Presented by Allen East, Director, Region Customer Service Entergy Texas, Inc.
- 11 a.m. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch (15 min.)
Presented by Peggy Krysiak, Program Specialist The Woodlands Township
- 11:25 a.m. Storm Recovery (25 min.)
Presented by Pierce Prater, Service Consultant Supervisor and Adrian Moreno, Service Area Manager CenterPoint Entergy
- 12 p.m. Hurricane Predictions for 2017 (30 min.)
Presented by Andy McNeel, Meteorologist National Weather Service, Houston Center Weather Service Unit
Demonstration Schedule (Inside – Meeting Room 120):*
- Ongoing Hands Only CPR training with Ashton Herring (15 min.) First Responder and Outreach Coordinator Montgomery County Hospital District
Ongoing Activities 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.*:
- Exhibitor Booths Indoors and Outdoors – displays, giveaways, handouts and/or representatives to answer questions – indoor Meeting Rooms 114, 120, 122, 150/152, west lobby and front parking lot (check the map in the west lobby on June 10, 2017 for exhibitor locations).
- West Lobby
- CenterPoint Energy – Presenting Sponsor
- Entergy Texas, Inc. – Gold Sponsor
- The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch – Safety Tips
- The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch – Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Document Bags and mini lanterns while supplies last; drawing box
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office – deputy
- Harris County Constable’s Office, Precinct 4 – deputy
- H-E-B – water bottles, snacks and giveaway items
- Montgomery County Sheriff Citizen Academy Alumni Association – information
- Front Parking Lot
- Montgomery County Constable’s Office, Precinct 3 patrol car and deputies
- The Woodlands Fire Department fire truck/first aid and crew
- Montgomery County Hospital District ambulance and crew
- CenterPoint repair truck(s)
- American Red Cross – materials and giveaways
- Environmental Services – Mosquito bite prevention
- Meeting Rooms 150/152
- National Weather Service – information
- Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Montgomery County Public Health/Medical Reserve Corps
- Montgomery County 9-1-1
- United Way of Greater Houston – information and giveaways
- Interfaith of The Woodlands – program information & Interfaith wrist bands
- Montgomery County Search and Rescue
- Meeting Room 114
- The Woodlands Township Community Relations – Emergency Notifications and Social Media Sign-up
- Meeting Room 120
- Montgomery County Hospital District – CPR training and Water Safety
- Meeting Room 122
- Boy Scouts of America – Tall Timbers – Safety and Scout information
- Meeting Room 124
- Ready Houston Regional Emergency Preparedness Video: Ready Houston? – Are You Ready? – 15 min.
*All presentations, demonstrations, participants and times are subject to change. This is an indoor/outdoor rain or shine event, so in case of inclement weather, some activities may be cancelled or moved indoors.
For more information, please visit The Woodlands Township website, call 281-210-3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.