National Night Out is a great opportunity for citizens and law enforcement to partner up against crime! The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch invites you to gather on Sunday, October 8, to meet your neighbors and commit to helping law enforcement reduce crime in our community!
The number one crime of opportunity in our community continues to be burglary of motor vehicle (BMV). The good news is that this crime can be prevented. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch reminds residents that they hold the key to this preventable crime!
The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch offers the following crime prevention tips to secure your vehicle, even if you are only going to be gone for a second.
To report suspicious activity, please call Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office at 936-442-7797 or Harris County Constable’s Office Precinct 4 at 281-376-3472.
Did you remember to set your alarm system when you left your home last time?
- Setting your alarm helps alert law enforcement and neighbors to a possible crime in progress.
Is your alarm registered?
- Both Montgomery County and Harris County require permits for alarms. To receive a permit, complete an agreement and submit it with the fee.
When attending large events, concerts, festivals, etc…
Stop, drop and roll into your local fire station and help The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch officially kickoff the upcoming National Night Out celebrations!
Get up close and personal with public safety personnel and equipment from local agencies. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch will be providing residents with all the details on upcoming National Night Out Events.
For more information please visit National Night Out.
Summer is just around the corner! This year, as you plan your family vacations, let the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office or Harris County Constable’s Office ease your mind about traveling! The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch encourages residents to take advantage of the free Vacation Watch program. Continue reading
On June 1, 2017 the Montgomery County Precinct 3 Constable’s Office received a report of a sexual assault of a child. During the course of the initial investigation it is believed that on March 21, 2017 at approximately 10:30 p.m. a 16 year old female was leaving a school function at The Woodlands High School. She was walking down the jogging trail when she was grabbed by a white male in his mid-20’s who then sexually assaulted her.
Residents and businesses in The Woodlands have the opportunity to learn how to be prepared for emergencies by attending The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch Emergency Preparedness Event on Saturday, June 10, 2017!
Don’t miss the chance to meet with local organizations, learn about emergency volunteer opportunities, view exciting demonstrations and so much more!
- Visit with local organizations and public safety agencies and get your emergency preparedness questions answered.
- Learn about emergency volunteer opportunities in the area.
- Listen to informative presentations from the National Weather Service and other public safety agencies.
- Learn about the danger of downed power lines, especially after severe weather, at the Entergy Arcs and Sparks demonstration.
- View emergency preparedness videos to help prepare for an emergency.
- Sign up for Township emergency communications.
- Enjoy drawings, giveaways, handouts, light refreshments and more!
When: Saturday, June 10, 2017
Time: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: The Woodlands Township Town Hall
Participants and sponsors include: The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch; Entergy Texas, Inc.; The Woodlands Fire Department; Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, District 6 Crime Prevention Unit; Harris County Constable’s Office, Precinct 4; Montgomery County Constable’s Office, Precinct 3; Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management; National Weather Service; The Woodlands Community Emergency Response Team; Montgomery County Hospital District/Medical Reserve Corps; Montgomery County Emergency Communication District (9-1-1); Montgomery County Search and Rescue; American Red Cross; Montgomery County Amateur Radio Emergency Services; Interfaith of The Woodlands; Greater Houston United Way/MC-CARES/HelpOurCounty.org; representatives from The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation/Environmental Services; Montgomery County Sheriff Citizen’s Academy Alumni Association; CenterPoint Energy; H-E-B; Home Depot; and more.
Annual Emergency Preparedness Event Schedule of Activities
Presentation Schedule: (Inside – Board Chambers)*
- 10:30 a.m. Operation Storm Ready – Entergy Texas, Inc. (20 min.)
Presented by Allen East, Director, Region Customer Service Entergy Texas, Inc.
- 11 a.m. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch (15 min.)
Presented by Peggy Krysiak, Program Specialist The Woodlands Township
- 11:25 a.m. Storm Recovery (25 min.)
Presented by Pierce Prater, Service Consultant Supervisor and Adrian Moreno, Service Area Manager CenterPoint Entergy
- 12 p.m. Hurricane Predictions for 2017 (30 min.)
Presented by Andy McNeel, Meteorologist National Weather Service, Houston Center Weather Service Unit
Demonstration Schedule (Inside – Meeting Room 120):*
- Ongoing Hands Only CPR training with Ashton Herring (15 min.) First Responder and Outreach Coordinator Montgomery County Hospital District
Ongoing Activities 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.*:
- Exhibitor Booths Indoors and Outdoors – displays, giveaways, handouts and/or representatives to answer questions – indoor Meeting Rooms 114, 120, 122, 150/152, west lobby and front parking lot (check the map in the west lobby on June 10, 2017 for exhibitor locations).
- West Lobby
- CenterPoint Energy – Presenting Sponsor
- Entergy Texas, Inc. – Gold Sponsor
- The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch – Safety Tips
- The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch – Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Document Bags and mini lanterns while supplies last; drawing box
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office – deputy
- Harris County Constable’s Office, Precinct 4 – deputy
- H-E-B – water bottles, snacks and giveaway items
- Montgomery County Sheriff Citizen Academy Alumni Association – information
- Front Parking Lot
- Montgomery County Constable’s Office, Precinct 3 patrol car and deputies
- The Woodlands Fire Department fire truck/first aid and crew
- Montgomery County Hospital District ambulance and crew
- CenterPoint repair truck(s)
- American Red Cross – materials and giveaways
- Environmental Services – Mosquito bite prevention
- Meeting Rooms 150/152
- National Weather Service – information
- Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Montgomery County Public Health/Medical Reserve Corps
- Montgomery County 9-1-1
- United Way of Greater Houston – information and giveaways
- Interfaith of The Woodlands – program information & Interfaith wrist bands
- Montgomery County Search and Rescue
- Meeting Room 114
- The Woodlands Township Community Relations – Emergency Notifications and Social Media Sign-up
- Meeting Room 120
- Montgomery County Hospital District – CPR training and Water Safety
- Meeting Room 122
- Boy Scouts of America – Tall Timbers – Safety and Scout information
- Meeting Room 124
- Ready Houston Regional Emergency Preparedness Video: Ready Houston? – Are You Ready? – 15 min.
*All presentations, demonstrations, participants and times are subject to change. This is an indoor/outdoor rain or shine event, so in case of inclement weather, some activities may be cancelled or moved indoors.
For more information, please visit The Woodlands Township website, call 281-210-3800 or email email@example.com.
Residents were invited to salute our first responders in recognition of National Police Week, International Firefighters Day and National EMS week on Thursday, May 18th at The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation Offices.
Representatives from Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Harris County Constable’s Office Precinct 4, The Woodlands Fire Department, Montgomery County Hospital District, Conroe ISD Police, and Texas Department of Public Safety also came to support the drive.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in identifying an individual believed to be responsible for three sexual assaults that have occurred at the Trailpoints Apartment complex located in the 2300 block of S. Millbend, The Woodlands.
In honor of our first responders and recognizing National Police Week, International Firefighters Day & National EMS Week, we ask that you consider participating by donating blood.
Today’s youth are tech savvy and get most of their information through the Internet. As a parent, the best way to help ensure your kid’s safety online is to become tech savvy yourself. Join The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch for Internet Safety at the next Watch Talk Wednesday presentation. Continue reading
The number one crime of opportunity in our community continues to be burglary of motor vehicle (BMV). The good news is that this crime can be prevented. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch reminds residents that they hold the key to this preventable crime! Continue reading